Friday, April 6, 2012

Saturday: Day 40


John 20:27-29: Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it in my side. Do not doubt but believe.” Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe.”
   
            Thomas had not been with the rest of the disciples when Jesus appeared to then, risen from the dead. He hadn’t experienced the breath of Jesus, nor the showing of his hands and side, and so he said, “Unless I see the mark of the nails in his hands, and put my finger in the mark of the nails, and my hand in his side, I will not believe.”
  
            Many people feel like Thomas! You want to believe, but you also want proof. You don’t accept things by faith until you know they’re true. If we were to be honest, most of us probably have a little doubting Thomas within our hearts.
  
            But Jesus asks, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe.” That’s what’s so awesome about Easter! We have not seen, but we have come to believe.  
  
            As we come to the close of this transformative personal journey through Lent we’ve come to know that believing is seeing. Believing is seeing the presence of Jesus with us on our journey through life, on our detours, in the midst of our mess, and wherever life brings us. Jesus is there. When we believe, we see and experience him. When you believe in Jesus and his ability to heal, strengthen, and guide you, you begin to see life differently. You begin to reflect on your life and see how God is active in your life.
  
            In the same way, faith is obeying when I don’t understand it, and persisting when I don’t feel like it. And on every step along the way Jesus is with us; leading, guiding, encouraging, and giving us strength for life’s journey.
  
            Beyond Question. It’s my hope and prayer that you have been blessed on this journey, and that you have personally experienced how Jesus uses questions as a methodology for deepening discipleship. May you continue to grow, deepen, and grow closer to Jesus as Lord and Savior on each step on your journey through life.
  
Questions to Ponder:
  •   If you have to list three things you’ve learned on this journey through Lent, what would those be?
  • If you have grown closer to Jesus during this journey, what do you need to do in the coming weeks or months to continue to deepen your life of discipleship?
  • What can you share with another person about your personal journey during these last weeks? How might you share with others what you have come to believe?
  
Prayer for Today: Thank you, Lord Jesus, for all you have done for me. Thank you for meaning and purpose in my life now, and for the eternal life to come. Help me believe. Help me see. And always, always, draw me close to your heart. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for everything. Amen.
This is such an awesome song. 
Our God is Mighty To Save!  Amen and Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment